Monday, May 12, 2008

Grand Caymen Island



This is just one of many pictures from our cruise. At the Grand Caymen Islands we went to Sting Ray City I think my face says it all. I was terrified. We road a boat for 30 minutes to a sand bar in the middle of the ocean. The water there is unbelievable, it's perfectly clear and super warm. We put on our snorkeling gear and jumped in the water with dozens and dozens of GIANT sting rays. The one in this picture is a baby compared to the other ones that were there. These sting rays are wild and still have their stingers (Crocodile Dundee died from a sting ray which freaked me out the whole time). We were able to feed the stings rays squid and touch their slippery skin. I had touched sting rays before at sea world, but swimming with them was a different story. I went under the water to take a picture of Scott and a huge sting ray that weighed well over a hundred pounds hit my face and got on my back!! Needless to say it startled me and I almost started to cry while everyone else laughed. It was still so much fun. We found huge conc shells and tropical fish. Grand Caymen was so amazing!!!







6 comments:

The Wrights said...

That picture is priceless! I have not seen that scared face for a while now! That just made my day! I can't wait for the rest of the pictures to come! I sure hope you have fun on your next adventure! Sure love and miss you tons!

LJW said...

Your back! Yeah! Sounds way fun- I want to see more pictures:)Now to Nauvoo right? Hope you have a ball- call me and tell me everything! Love you xoxoxo

The Wrights said...

Call me when you get a chance. I'm coming home this weekend. We need to go to lunch! Miss you! Hope you had fun in Navuoo!

heather p said...

sure glad you didn't poop your trunks cuz by the look of that face you really could have! i love being your friend!:)

brit said...

So glad you found me! I'll add you to my list. Hopefully you update more than you sister-in-law...Dani. Maybe you could teach her a thing or 2 about blogging. ha ha.

J&J said...

This picture and story is the best!! It gave me a good laugh!