Tuesday, July 29, 2008

HAVASUPAI FALLS ARIZONA JULY 2008

This was a really hard hike especially on the way out because the last mile or two are the worst switchbacks imaginable. It was so worth it though.



This is the very beginning of the trail where you start the hike. Scott gave me my pack and when I put it on I about fell over backwards. This is when I started to get nervous.

The pink house boys (all of Scotts old roommates) planned a trip to Havasupai Falls in Arizona its really close to the Grand Canyon. I am telling whoever is reading this if you haven't gone there, you have to go. Scott and I both agree it is probably the most beautiful place we have ever been. The water is a turqouise blue from the lime in the water. It honestly looks like someone died it that color its so pretty.

The day we left Scott worked a twelve hour shift at the hospital, we then drove ten hours to were you start hiking, we took a two hour nap in the parking lot and then, hiked in ten miles. By the time we got there it had gotten so hot but, as soon as we saw that first waterfall it was all worth it. The waterfalls are amazing! Like something in a movie. Here are some of our pictures however, pictures cannot do this place justice!

1 comment:

LJW said...

How fun!!!!!!!! I want to go sooo bad!! Talk about gorgeous water?! Sweet pictures too! Looks like you had a great time! Ash you are seriously too skinny- you look like you're a model! I miss you- Call me when you can I'm home sick for my BFF- seriously! You have had the summer of your life- tell Scott hi from me and that I want to get into Kayacing now and that he needs to take Taylor fishing:)

LOVE YOU

xoxoxo